- Stop by the activity tent and recycle some of our beautiful fabric into a bandanna for your four-footed friend. See how your dog does at the “catch the biscuit” game (they get to eat everything they catch). But please, make sure your pet comes on a leash!
- Music this week will be soulfully supplied by Audrey Drake.
- Don’t forget that the Market now accepts SNAP/EBT, debit, and credit cards. Use your cards at the Market Info tent. SNAP/EBT recipients, please ask about matching funds, made possible by the generous support of our community members!
- The Market extends special thanks to those friends who help fill “Mary Ellen’s Basket”, and whose sponsorship helps bring music to the Market each week.
Wear your “Happy Hats” to celebrate the opening day of our 9th season! We are looking for your most enthusiastic creation of farm or garden head-gear. Can you top last year’s toppers? Check our Facebook photo albums for some inspiration!
In addition to happy headgear, our traditional farmers market features ultra-fresh and local produce, meats, dairy, baked goods, artisan bread, micro-brew ale, maple products, ice cream, flowers, and crafts. Each week there will be a changing selection of goodies to taste, activities for kids, and demos. Why not do a friend a favor and bring them along? There is plenty of room for parking, the market is easily accessible, the library is open during market hours – perfect!
Be sure to check in the coolers and read the signs – our vendors often have surprises tucked just out of sight! There are spring greens and asparagus to be found, sweet carrots and apples, maybe even mushrooms! Early leeks? Green garlic? Tender young kale? Fresh cool cheese? Fresh eggs? Keep looking….you never know what goodness you will just have to serve for dinner that night.
Music for opening day will be performed by our pal, and local Canterbury artist, Kyle Masterson. As always, music at the market is brought to you by the generous support of our Market Members. We encourage you to stop by the Market Info tent and find out why becoming a member is a great idea! If you are interested in sponsoring a particular musician at an upcoming market, the folks at the info tent will be happy to show you the schedule and tell you how.
No cash? No problem! The Canterbury Farmers Market now has a program that allows shoppers to use SNAP/EBT, debit, and credit cards. Stop by the Market Info Booth to use your SNAP/EBT, debit or credit card in exchange for wooden tokens that can be used that day, or at our markets throughout the summer. We hope that this program will improve access to fresh, local foods for everyone in our community! Let us know what you think.
Remember that picnicking, visiting, conversation, visiting, laughing, hop-scotching, neighborliness, and community gathering are all encouraged at the market!
See you Wednesday, June 3, 4-6:30pm in the center, rain or shine (except for big thunderstorms which will NOT happen no no no!)
- Live music by Kyle Masterson, free for the listening!
- “Wear Your Favorite Farm or Garden Hat“ and you might win a prize!
- We now accept EBT/SNAP, debit, or credit cards. Stop by the Market Info Tent to use your card in exchange for tokens that can be used that day or at future markets.
- Renew your market membership or sign up to be a new market member, $25 for the year. Stop by the Market Info Tent and talk with Mindy. She will let you know all the reasons why becoming a Market Member is a GREAT idea!
- Check out our website at www.CCFMA.net for a full schedule of all the great music and events for this season. On the home page, you can sign up for the Market News and we’ll send you Email reminders and updates.
- As always, you are welcome to picnic at the market. Why not bring a friend, or two? There is plenty of room at our picnic tables!
- See you there!
It is hard to believe that we are approaching the outdoor market season, especially when there is STILL so much snow on the ground! But, the sap is flowing, the chipmunks are out in the yard, and the neighbors have a grow light and Swiss chard seedlings sprouting in the bathroom, so we must be getting closer.
To get you in the mood, here’s a sneak peek at last year’s opening day. Many of our market friends showed up wearing their favorite and festive garden hats. The wearer of the best hat got a surprise prize! The same event will be held opening day this year, so spend a few of the murky days to come planning your head-gear. We’ll be watching for you!
…then the Farmers Market can’t be far behind!
Hope everyone had a fine time at Canterbury Town Meeting last night.
Short and sweet, for sure, just like a NH summer!
FYI: The Canterbury Farmers Market folks traveled over to the Loudon meeting this this morning, to share some great apples (from Harry at Hackleboro Orchards), and to let them know more about our great community market. Opening Day June 3, and we GUARANTEE it will be SNOW FREE!
OK, everyone reading this post in Canterbury? Turn slightly South-East and wave at our neighbors. Hope to see a lot more Loudon friends at the market this summer!