Bike and Wagon Parade
- Decorate your bike or wagon with a Farmers Market theme, and you could win a prize! Feel free to be as wild and crazy as you like: Turn your bike into a rolling cornfield? Transform a wagon into a giant market basket? Paper mache a skateboard to look like a giant zucchini? Sure, why not!!
Listen to the Music
- Today’s Music by “Fiddlin’ Bill” Perry! Bill has been a musician for many a year, and started playing guitar while serving in the USN at age 17. Bill plays guitar, mandolin, fiddle and bass and sings Irish, Blues, 40′s Swing, Country, and Folk music. You will want to pull up a chair and set a spell to enjoy Fiddlin’ Bill!
Around the Market
- Strawberries are here for sure, and why not pick up some rhubarb to go with them? Be sure to shop for loads of fresh greens, too, some extra sweet and meaty asparagus, early squash, and other crunchy local garden goodness too numerous to list here. There is a good variety of herb and veggie seedlings, and starting this week we will have a new vendor with perennial flowering plants to brighten your yard! Don’t forget to get fresh duck and chicken eggs, and bread for toasting or dipping.
- Hungry? How about a cider donut, fresh cannoli, veggie pizza, bread and cheese plate, bowl of salad, big cookie, or local-fruit hand pie?
- Did you bring a friend to the market? If not, why not bring a bit of the market to a friend….we have hand-cranked socks (always fresh!), hand-crafted soaps, layered baking mixes, note cards featuring photos of the market, 4-H crafted canvas bags, and more!