The Board Members of the Canterbury Community Market (including those folks who didn’t happen to be here for the picture) would like to express our dearest “Thanks!” to everyone who helped make the 2014 season such a success! Rest assured that even though you won’t be hearing too much from us while the snow is on the ground, that we will not be resting! Planning for the 2015 season starts in January just about the time all the seed catalogs appear in your mailbox. Enjoy your holiday season, give thanks for the bounty that our local agricultural community brings to us each new season, and for goodness sakes, don’t forget about the butternut squash you have stored under the bed in the spare room!
The indoor farmers market is this Saturday, Dec. 13, 10am-1pm, at CES gym. This is our last market for 2014! We will have a good selection of local winter greens, vegetables, fruits, dairy, maple, meat, jams, mixes, fresh bread and pie, woolens, wood products, more! Lots of winter root crops and squash for storage. Selected crafts. Raffle for big basket of market specialties. Easily accessible and plenty of parking, and restrooms. Credit/Debit cards accepted.
We will again be accepting support in the form of cash or product for our “Mary Ellen’s Basket” charitable giving program. We have had a generous gift of $100 to help us fill this month’s basket with all the local goodness the market has to offer so that we can share the bounty with selected community members. Please stop by the market Info Table to learn more, and help fill the basket!
As of this moment, here is the list of vendors who will be attending:
- Live music by Canterbury’s own Tim Gurshin!
- The Bread Peddler (artisan rye, pumpernickle, peasant bread, croutons,
and fresh bialys)
- Brookford Farm (organic veggies, cheese, dairy, eggs)
- Fen Ridge Farm (layered baking mixes)
- Grateful Garlic (garlic)
- Hackleboro Orchard (apples, cider, veggies)
- Margaret Hoyle (hand-cranked socks and scarves)
- Free The Spoons (hand carved wooden spoons)
- Meadow’s Pond Soaps (soaps, shampoos, gifts)
- North Family Farm (syrup, honey, woolens)
- Our Place Farm (meat, broth, lard, hand-spun wool, rugs)
- Red Fox Farm (jams, jellies, preserves, dried veggies, herbal tinctures)
- Red Manse Farm (organic veggies)
- Song Away Farm (eggs, rabbit meat, organic wheat fodder)
- Warner River Organics (organic veggies)
- Peace of Pie (fresh pie by the slice, hand pies both sweet and savory, gingerbread men and gingerbread houses)
- Do Good Bars (all natural granola bars)
- Fancy Face (face painting)
Check back later in the week for a vendor list update, as there are still a few people who we haven’t heard back from!