Our Wednesday OUTDOOR markets are closed for the season.
Please visit our INDOOR markets on the following dates:
- Saturday, November 15, 2014, 10am-1pm, Canterbury Elementary School gym.
- Saturday, December 13, 2014, 10am-1pm, Canterbury Elementary School gym.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE a recap of this past season’s outdoor events. Plan to join us outdoors once again starting on Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at our traditional home in the parking area and field adjacent to the Elkins Library in the historic center of Canterbury!
Wed., June 4 – Opening Day “Wear Your Favorite Farm or Garden Hat”
- While it might have been a cold, dark, and dreary day weather-wise, it was a festive day at the market, especially for all the folks who wore their favorite garden hat! 141 friends came to shop, visit, and play at the market today. What a great way to start the 2014 summer season!
Wed., June 11 — Special Event “Picnic at the Market”
- It’s amazing that the second market in June was still cold and rainy! What’s more amazing is that 161 friends came to the market anyway, filled their baskets, enjoyed the music, and went home happy. Thanks to you all!
Wed., June 18 — Kids’ Scavenger Hunt!
- What a lively market it was this week! 178 friends and neighbors came to fill their baskets, chat with friends, and enjoy the music. 23 kids participated in the Scavenger Hunt, and they added great energy to the Market, scrambling around and trying to find Rooty the Carrot (shhhhhh….he was hiding in a cooler!)
Wed., June 25 — Bike and Wagon Parade
- It rained, it poured, the old man snored, and still the market went on! The parade was cancelled, but there was fun to be had in the puddles. Janet gave out free scraps of soap and all the kids had baths! 56 stalwart market friends, and one Concord Monitor photographer, came to the Market. Check out the Facebook page for some great pictures!
Wed., July 2 — THANKS to our Members and Supporters Day!
- My oh my! The sky was dangerous shade of gray. We stood in the center looking up at it, and muttering amongst ourselves. Should we? Shouldn’t we? Then CRACK! BOOM! KABOOM! The skies opened, the vendors scattered, and the market closed. We got out of there just in the nick! Sorry folks – Mother Nature had other plans today….
Wed., July 9 — Special Event “Dog Days at the Market”
- What a great day! Beautiful weather, a lot of furry friends and TWO HUNDRED PEOPLE! A new market record! Thanks to all who came! Thanks to all who came with dogs! Thanks to all who came and brought FRIENDS! There’s a great photo album at the Facebook page. Go see who the two winning canines were. You won’t believe the costumes! Here’s a hint….between the winning pup and her costume, there were 12 legs!!
Wed., July 16 — Special Event “Name That Veggie”
- It was a crazy, windy morning, but everything cleared up by market time. What a pretty afternoon – and 175 folks came to market to enjoy it! Lots of fun playing the “Name that Veggie” game. Hop on over to our FaceBook page and check out the photo album! Feel free to LIKE us while you are there…
Wed., July 23 — Kids’ Scavenger Hunt!
- The market itself was great – clear weather, cool breezes, and 197 PEOPLE, WOO HOO! But just as we were cleaning up, the sky got black, the wind picked up, and we all blew out of there just before the storms hit. Perfect timing yet again! THANKS to everyone who came out to shop and visit and join the scavenger hunt. All the kids had fun…where was that Rooty the Carrot hiding, hmmmm? Did you find her?
Wed., July 30 — Special Event “Bluegrass And Blueberries”
- 176 folks came to the Market yesterday and enjoyed our “Bluegrass and Blueberries” event. We are so thankful to all the shoppers, and neighbors, and newcomers, and kids, and music lovers, and foodies, and hop-scotch-play
ers, and blueberry bakers, and everyone else who comes and makes our weekly market so dang LIVELY!
REMEMBER – AUGUST IS ALWAYS “NH EAT LOCAL MONTH”!!
Wed., August 6 — Special Event “Come Picnic at the Market”
- THANKS to all who came to “Picnic at the Market” today. 217 fine folks showed up – a NEW RECORD! It was a beautiful day with a lot of great food and a satisfying mix of home-grown music. A perfect way to kick off NH Eats Local Month!
Wed., August 13 — Special Event “Bountiful Baskets”
- Boy oh boy, did Mother Nature have other plans for us today! The market was CANCELLED due to rain, wind, rain, thunder, rain, lightning, and oh yes, RAIN!!! Crazy 4 inches of wet stuff fell from the sky over the course of the afternoon, and the wind was driving all that water ahead of it in sheets across the parking area where the Market is usually held. But not this week – EEGAD!
Wed., August 20 — Special Event “The Zu-Mato (zucchini & tomato) Festival”
- There were zucchinis, there were tomatoes, there were 165 happy shoppers, music-listeners, browsers, munchers, chatters, dog-walkers, and new friends! THANKS to all who came to visit on this lovely sunny day!
Wed., August 27 — Hey, Hey, It’s Poetry Day!
- 120 people came to play.
It was a lovely Market day!
Weather was good,
And tomatoes ripe,
We didn’t have a single gripe!
Wed., September 3 — Special Event “Morris at the Market”
- This was the quintessential Market Day – cool, breezy, boat-loads of tomatoes, fresh corn, the first apples, bulging baskets of everything else the garden and farm has to offer, PLUS lots of bells and dancing. 168 folks thought today’s Market was swell!
Wed., September 10 — Make a Veggie Instrument
- This was one of the nicest markets all season! 125 friends agreed with us and all came to enjoy the day, the vegetables, the music….GREAT music by the way. Were you there? No? Well you missed a fantastic day! The kids had a blast, a toot, and a jingle making veggie instruments, and then had an impromptu parade around the band while they played “As The Saints Come Marching In”. What a hoot!
Wed., September 17 — Special Event “Blues, Brews, & BBQs”
- It was a grand day – sunny and brisk! 165 friends showed up to enjoy the toe-tapping music, the free samples of sausage, and the sweet, tangy, and YOWZA spicy BBQ sauces. There was a surprise scavenger hunt, too!
Wed., September 24 — Special Guests “NH Plein Air brings ART to the mARkeT”
- 168 folks came to the Market to watch the painters at work, and stock up on late season greens, pumpkins, winter squash, and ….tomatoes? Yup, there are still BOATLOADS of them!
Wed., October 1— Special Event “Fiber Frolic”
- What fine and dandy friends we have –140 folks came to our rather drizzly last outdoor market! The rain pretty much held off, but that’s OK. No one had to wash their veggies once they got home. Many, MANY thanks to all the vendors and their hard work to bring all the local goodness to us here in Canterbury. And many MANY thanks to all our friends and neighbors who support us every week.
- See you at our INDOOR markets on Saturday, Nov. 15 and Saturday, December 13 just up the hill at the C.E.S. gym. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m..